When it comes to buying a Grande approved modem, you need to be sure that you are getting the perfect one for your internet needs.
While Grande does offer a modem for rental, it will not necessarily come with all of the features that you would need for your individual network. But what exactly should you look for in your ideal modem?
You will need to evaluate what you need from your internet, including speed, security, and even the price. Here is what you need to know when shopping for a Grande compatible modem.
Top Reasons To Use Your Own Grande Approved Modem
While it might be tempting and easy to go with the modem that Grande offers, there are many benefits to going with a Grande compatible modem of your own choosing.
- Faster Internet: To begin with, you will get more speed options when it comes to your own modem. The amount of speed that you need depends on what you need to go with your network, including how many users and devices use it. If you stream regularly, you will need more robust speeds than someone who just browses.
- No Rental Fees: Grande charges its subscribers $12 a month in order to rent a modem from them. That adds up to $144 a year just to borrow a modem from them. If you buy your own, you will not only have the freedom of choice, but you will also save yourself money in the long run.
- More Control: The amount of features and control that you have over your modem is limited when you are renting it from Grande. If you choose your own, however, you can decide whether you need parental controls, a VPN, or even a guest network. You do not get the choice when renting.
Benefits Of Modem Router Combo Over Separate Units
If you are wondering whether you should invest a modem or a modem router combo, you definitely should go with the combo. Here’s why:
- Easier Setup: Installing two devices is more complicated than one. You will need to connect the modem to your computer and the cable outlet, but then your router has to connect to the modem.
- More Cost Effective: Why pay for two devices when you can just pay for one? The price is going to add up quickly. A single modem might be cheaper than a combo, but getting the router, which is how you can have Wi-Fi, will be a separate cost altogether.
- Saves Space: Sometimes a modem can be an eyesore depending on where it is in your house. Having two devices to conceal is twice the work and potentially twice the eyesore.
3 Best Grande Compatible Modems 2022
1. Motorola MG7540
2. Netgear C7000
3. TP-Link TC7650
Budget Friendly (Modem Only)
1. Motorola MG7540 Cable Modem Router Combo
Best Grande Compatible Modem (Editor's Choice)
The Editor’s Choice for the best Grande approved modem is the Motorola MG7540. This is a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem with a built-in high-speed router.
Four Gigabit Ethernet ports will provide connections to computers, HDTVs, and game systems without trouble. There is also an advanced firewall with a browser-based configuration manager to give you the ability to control your network. It also allows a guest network so any visitors to your house can securely logon.
With an easy setup, you will find yourself up and going in no time. It also has seven LEDs that are designed to give you a status update. Ultimately, it has excellent performance with an ease of use that will give you just what you need from your modem.
As a bonus, Motorola is known for its customer service so you are sure to get setup help when you need it.
2. Netgear Nighthawk C7000 Modem Router
High Performance Grande Approved Modem
For a higher performance Grande compatible modem, take a look at2. the Netgear Nighthawk C7000. It is a 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem with a built-in router. You have the option to use it as only a modem, only as a router or even as a 4 Gigabit wired switch, depending on your needs.
The C7000 is ideal for households with a high amount of streaming, including gaming and videos. This modem is designed for streaming 4K HD videos with fast download times, a great choice for high-speed online gaming. You don’t need to have your next game ruined by buffering.
This also has a powerful 1.6 GHz processor for boosted performance, handling whatever you want to throw at it. If you have a lot of users and devices on your network, the Nighthawk C7000 is a great high performance modem router combo unit.
The Nighthawk C7000 is also compatible with several ISPs, so if you happen to move or change providers, you might still be able to use the same modem.
3. TP-Link TC7650 Cable Modem
If you want your own Grande supported modem, but are working within a budget, do not worry. The TP-Link TC7650 is budget-friendly, but still a great modem to work with. The biggest downside is that it does not come with built-in router, so you would have to get one separately to be able to use Wi-Fi.
The TC7650 has lightning quick speeds with 24x8 channel bonding. It is a great choice to wire in your HDTV or game systems, giving you uninterrupted streaming.
This DOCSIS 3.0 modem is powered by a 1 GHz dual core processor, which makes being connected and heavy file transfers quick and seamless. Outside of not having built-in Wi-Fi, this modem is an excellent choice for high definition streaming. It is compatible with many different routers, so you can have the option to decide what type of router that you might need in order to connect your mobile devices to your network.
Provided file /home/extremes/domains/approvedmodem.com/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Grande-Approved-Modems-List.xlsx does not exist!